Added by Serg
1 Spaghetti with ground beef
440 calories(1 serving)
- 4 ounces 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/3 can tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- shredded cheese, for topping
- 1/8 tbsp. salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil ,onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes and add red bell pepper and cook, add beef crumbling with a spatula, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander, salt, cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoe sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve the spaghetti topped with the chili and cheese.
2 Turkey and Chickpea Chili recipe
360 calories(1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces 93%-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 tomatoe, chopped
- 1.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, add bell pepper and cook.
- Add turkey, stirring and breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook about 4 minutes more.
- Add chickpeas, chili powder, and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
3 Tuna fried rice
- 1/2 can tuna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice cooked rice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce, salt reduced
- 3 mushrooms, small, sliced
- 1/8 cup peas
- 1/8 cup red capsicum, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- Heat a non-stick fry pan with olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook then add capsicum and keep stirring until softened.
- Add mushrooms and keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Now add cooked rice and soy sauce, Add tuna, peas and stir, You can add a couple of tbsp. of water if ingredients are sticking to pan.
- Season with cracked pepper.
- Healthy Dinner Ideas