Today I'm sharing 3 party appetizers! These are perfect for your holiday and new year celebrations or great for game day snacks. Hope you love them! They are so delicious, healthy, and gluten-free. Enjoy!
ALMOND FLOUR PIE CRUST
- 4 tablespoons ghee (butter or coconut oil works)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- First, whisk together the ghee and 1 egg.
- Add the almond flour and sea salt and whisk together.
- Chilled for 30 minutes.
- Grease your pie pan with additional ghee or your favorite cooking spray.
- Smush the crust dough into the pie pan, forming it as you wish.
- Beat the second egg in a small bowl and brush it along the edges and bottom of the crust.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Fill with whatever you want and bake as needed! If you are baking it for an extended period of time, maybe bake it initially for only 10ish minutes.
SWEET CRANBERRY ORANGE TURKEY MEATBALLS
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced and divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add half of the diced onion and the garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add the sautéed onion and garlic, turkey, egg, almond meal, salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix well and using a medium cookie scoop, or about 1 tablespoon per meatball, form round meatballs and lay them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the meatballs bake, whisk together the cranberry juice, and arrowroot powder.
- Add the remaining olive oil and diced onion to a medium stockpot over medium heat and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, cranberry and arrowroot mixture, maple syrup, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar to the pot.
- Mix together well and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- When the meatballs are baked, add them to the pot and toss them in the cranberry orange glaze. Serve with toothpicks!
EGGPLANT RED PEPPER BABA GANOUSH
- 1 large eggplant, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 4 T. extra virgin olive oil, or favorite cooking oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 T. agave nectar
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut your eggplant and peppers into 1 inch-ish cube. This doesn’t have to be perfect because it’s eventually going to go into the food processor.
- Place your veggie chunks on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with 4 T. olive oil and toss.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping after 20.
- In a food processor, process your pine nuts and garlic clove until finely chopped. Add your roasted eggplant and peppers, agave nectar, and sea salt.
- Process until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom. Process for another 30 seconds.
Almond flour crust:
Baba Ganoush recipe:
- Appetizer Recipes