Grilling is as simple as listening for the sizzle – the sound of juicy, delicious steaks cooking to perfection. All you need is a preheated grill, salt and pepper, an instant-read thermometer and the patience to let the steaks rest before throwing your taste buds a party.
- 4 (6-ounce) Certified Angus Beef ® filet mignon
- 1 (4.25-ounce) can lump crab meat, strained of excess water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 sticks (8-ounces) unsalted butter
- Optional garnish: minced fresh chives
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crab meat, lemon zest, shallot, 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper. Refrigerate.
- Make hollandaise sauce. In a blender combine egg yolk, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne. Pulse blender for 5 seconds to combine all ingredients.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until melted butter reaches 185°F. With the blender on low speed, drizzle the melted butter into the blender through the hole on the top of the lid. Hollandaise should be thick and pale yellow. Keep warm while cooking steaks.
- Remove crab mixture from refrigerator and preheat grill. Season filet mignon steaks with additional salt and white pepper and grill to desired doneness (125° - 130°F for medium-rare). Allow resting 5-10 minutes before topping with crab meat and warm hollandaise.
Get more grilling tips: https://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/kitchen/grilling.php
- Meat dishes