Our go-to method for quick and easy sweet potatoes! Slicing thin and quickly sautéing while covered yields the perfect, tender sweet potato rounds! Just 2 ingredients, 1 pan, and 8 minutes required!
- 1 large organic sweet potato or garnet yam
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
FOR SERVING optional
- Slice sweet potatoes slightly less than 1/4 inch thick and leave the skin on.
- Heat a large skillet (we prefer cast iron) over medium-high heat. Once hot, reduce heat to medium and add oil to the pan. Swirl to coat.
- Add sweet potatoes in an even layer, sprinkle with salt (optional), and cover. Cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the underside is golden brown. Then flip and cover again. Reduce heat slightly if cooking too quickly. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are golden brown on both sides and fork-tender.
- Enjoy as-is! We love these as part of breakfast bowls, with hummus, or just drizzled with tahini!
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. Not freezer friendly. Reheat on the stovetop over medium heat for best results.
Full Recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/8-minute-sweet-potatoes/
- Appetizer Recipes