Added by Serg
Apples and orange juice give this cake a tangy flavour, and keep it super moist!
- 2 cups (500 ml) apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp (15 mL) baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2½ tsp (12 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (170ºC).
- Grease a 10 inch Bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 1 Tbsp white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon; mix and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups white sugar, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs. Whisk together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture until smooth, then fold in the chopped pecans.
- Pour ⅓ of the batter into prepared pan, then sprinkle on ½ of the apple mixture.
- Repeat: more batter, more apples, more batter.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar just before serving.
- Bundt Cake