Added by Serg
- 24 stalks Asparagus (trimmed)
- 12 slices Bacon (center cut preferred)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place an oven-safe wire rack (either greased or non-stick) onto a cookie sheet. (These racks work great!)
- Trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper to taste. (You don't need a lot of oil, just enough for the salt and pepper to stick.)
- Cut the bacon slices lengthwise to make narrower strips. Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk (it will shrink during cooking, creating a "striped" pattern). Place seam side down onto the wire rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Use tongs to turn over. Bake for 10-15 minutes more, until the bacon is almost crispy. Set the oven to broil, then place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp up more.
- Cooking bacon in the oven