Welcome back for another totally fun baking video with Jenn and Lindsey. Today, the girls will be making yummy Troll cupcakes. You can follow along with our easy step by step instructions to make your own Troll cupcake creations at home. Jenn and Lindsey will make cupcakes inspired by some of your favorite characters from the Trolls movie including Poppy and DJ Suki. In the end you get to let us know who you think won the mini bake off. Here is the recipe for yummy vanilla cupcakes:
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon fine salt
• 2 large eggs (room temperature)
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 ½ sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup milk
• Preheat over to 350 F and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
• Line one 12-cup standard muffin tin or 2 24-cup mini-muffin tins with cupcake liners.
• Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
• In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 min. While beating, gradually pour in the butter and then the vanilla.
• While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients. Then add all the milk and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared tin.
• Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through, 18-20 minutes (10-12 min. for minis). Cool the cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10min., and then remove from the tin. Cool on the rack completely. Decorate as desired.
- Baking with Totally TV