Added by Serg
- 2 LB GROUND BEEF
- CHEDDAR CHEESE, SLICED
- 1/2 RED ONION
- 1 HEIRLOOM TOMATO
- ICEBERG LETTUCE
- 4 BUNS
- SALT AND PEPPER, TO TASTE
- Divide the meat into four equal 8 oz portions.
- Wet your hands with cold water and form each portion into a patty about 4 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
- Try not to overwork the meat.Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, start the Traeger grill on Smoke with the lid open until the fire is established (4 to 5 minutes).
- Set the temperature to High and preheat, lid closed, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Arrange the hamburgers directly on the grill grate.
- Cook for 6 minutes, then flip and set the grill to 195 degrees F. If cooking on a Timberline grill, press Super Smoke button.
- Cook for an additional 7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the burger registers 160 degrees F.The last few minutes of cooking add cheese to burgers and place buns on grill to toast.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.