This one is for the foodies out there who love going the extra mile with their food preparation. This melt-in-your-mouth braised pork recipe will excite those of you who find comfort in a good home cooked a hearty meal.
Why not try this for your evening supper?
- 8 baby pork shanks
- 1 carrot [diced]
- 1 onion [cut into pieces]
- 2 tomatoes [sliced]
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 150g celery [diced]
- 300ml water
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp. mixed herbs
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Marinate the pork shanks for at least 4 hours or overnight. Fry the shanks until the surface is golden brown, place on a baking tray.
- Sauté the garlic, then add the onion, carrot, celery and sauté until fragrant. Add tomato paste and stir well, pour on shanks. Place the tomato slices on top. Bake in a 120°C preheated the oven for 4 hours.
- Place the cooked ingredients on a plate. Cook the remaining sauce in the baking tray with cornflour until slightly thickened. Pour sauce on top of the shanks before serving.
- Pork Shanks