2 potatoes, cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8th tsp vinegar
1/2 tbsp ginger, chopped finely
1 carrot, sliced thinly
Spinach leaves, chopped
1/4 tbsp butter
- In a mixer bowl, add the finely chopped potatoes and grind it into a smooth puree.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter.
- Once the butter is hot, add the finely chopped ginger and saute it for a few seconds.
- Add the potato stock. Strain it well to avoid lumps of potato.
- Add water to the stock as it is very thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and let the soup come to boil before adding the veggies.
- Once the soup comes to a complete boil, add the spinach leaves and the carrots and give it a stir.
- Add the boiled corn, oregano and vinegar to the soup.
- Mix cornflour with water and add it to the soup and give it a good boil. (Omit this step if you do not want the soup to be thick)
- The delicious carrot and ginger soup is ready to be served.