Added by Serg
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalked, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Lasagna layers (pre-boil if necessary)
- 1 large container Sour cream
- 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- In a heated pan add the oil and sauté the garlic, onion, celery and onion for 5 minutes until fragrant and slightly softened.
- Add in the dried herbs, salt & pepper, and the chickpeas and cook for another few minutes. Pour in the can of tomatoes and stir in the tomato paste. Let the sauce cook for 10-15 minutes until the chickpeas are soft. If it gets too thick add a little bit of water.
- Once the sauce is cooked and thickened, stir in 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Preheat to 375˚.
- Layer the lasagna in a roasting dish first by placing half of the sauce on the bottom, then covering it with a layer of noodles. Top with a good layer of sour cream and parmesan and then layer the zucchini on top.
- Repeat with the second half of the sauce, another layer of noodles and finish with the sour cream and parmesan.
Bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminum foil and then 35 minutes uncovered. If you’d like more of a crispy top you can always broil it for the last 5 minutes.