Added by Kristen Stepp
- 1 pound Penne Noodles (A little less than a whole box)
- 6 strips os bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 packet (or 3 tbsp) ranch mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tbsp of bacon drippings from the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings. Then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle chicken with flour and ranch dressing mix. Toss around to coat all chicken evenly. Stir in the milk and cook, stirring occasionally until sauce has begun to thicken. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste and season accordingly
- Add the pasta to the chicken and cheese sauce. Stir to combine. Serve topped with bacon and green onion.
- chicken bacon ranch pasta