This is an easy Italian ground beef and pasta casserole recipe. You can use the red sauce recipe for spaghetti, lasagna or any other pasta. This is a delicious Italian casserole dish that will feed a lot of hungry people for dinner. Serve with a side salad and bread.
Italian Ground Beef & Pasta Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound of pasta
- 1 to 1 1/2 pds. ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 jar of mushrooms with a little juice - or use fresh
- 1 cup diced roasted red bell pepper
- 2 - 28oz cans tomato sauce
- 1 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 -2 tsp. basil paste or 1 tsp. dried basil
- pinch of red pepper flakes - OPTIONAL
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Brown and chop ground beef and drain if needed. Set to the
- In same pot add some olive oil, onions, mushrooms and
- roasted red bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir for an additional minute.
- Add ground beef back in and mix well.
- Add rest of seasonings and stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, stir and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and pasta into sauce
- and mix very well.
Place ingredients in 9 x 13 baking dish and level out.
Sprinkle rest of parmesan cheese and mozzarella
cheese on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the
cheese is melted and bubbly.
Let rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Casserole recipes pasta