Added by Joanna Cismaru
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless and skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix (1 packet or 1 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups white rice uncooked, I used a short grain rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 slices bacon fried and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 1/2 cup half and a half *
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl toss the chicken together with the olive oil and 2 tbsp of the ranch seasoning mix; set aside.
- In a 9x13-inch casserole dish combine the rice, onion, garlic, half of the bacon, chicken broth, half and half and the remaining tbsp of ranch seasoning mix. Add the chicken and stir everything together.
- Top with remaining bacon and cheddar cheese. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- chicken bacon ranch pasta