Chicken and Cheese Casserole - Baked Chicken Recipe. Learn how to make Chicken Casserole, a delicious chicken meal recipe by chef Shantanu.
Chef Shantanu Gupte brings to your table a heart-warming dinner full of delectable flavours. He is up with an absolutely mouth-watering chicken casserole recipe which your family will ask for again and again.
- 100 grams shredded boneless chicken
- 7-8 mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- leaves of thyme & rosemary
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- red chilli - chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- tomato - chopped
- 1 egg
- pinch of nutmeg
- 70-80 grams cheese
- basil leaves - chopped
- cheese for garnish
To make the sauce:
- - In a pan, add the butter and let it melt.
- - Once the butter melts, add the all purpose flour and whisk well.
- - Then add the milk to the flour and butter mixture and let it boil.
- - Once the milk starts to boil, it begins to reduce. Whisk well while it reduces to avoid the flour sticking to the bottom of the pan.
To make the chicken:
- - While the pan is heating up, slice up the mushrooms.
- - Once the pan is hot, pour in the olive oil and add the butter.
- - Then add the chopped garlic and onion and give it a quick stir.
- - Add the sprigs of thyme and stir well.
- - Add the medium sized boneless chicken pieces and give it a nice toss.
- - Once the chicken is almost cooked, add the mushroom slices to the pan and give it a toss.
- - Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- - Once the mushroom and chicken are cooked, add the roughly chopped spinach leaves to it.
- - Once they are cooked, add the chopped tomato to it. Make sure that you peel off the skin of the tomato.
- - Add the sauce to the chicken and whisk it through.
- - Once cooked, put off the flame and add the cracked pepper, little mustard sauce, 1 chopped red chilli, cream and 1 egg. Also add the grated nutmeg to it and mix all the ingredients well.
- - Add the grated cheese to the above ingredients and mix well.
- - Transfer the casserole to the baking tray and add the chopped basil leaves, chopped tomato and the grated cheese.
- - Place this in a pre-heated oven (170 - 180 degrees Celsius) for about 7-8 minutes.
- - The delicious chicken casserole is ready to be served.
- Casserole recipes chicken