Added by Serg
- 2 x carrots
- 1 x onions
- 2 x celery stalks
- 1 bay leaf
- leftover chicken
- Pick chicken from carcass, then place half the veg and the bones enough water to cover it all, about 8 cups. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 hours.
- Pour the stock through a fine sieve, discard the bones and veg. Bring back to a simmer and season. Now poach the remaining Carrots, celery and onion in the stock.
- At the same time char the sweetcorn and caramelize all over. Remove from the pan, cool and then cut shards off the core.
- Once the veg is perfectly cooked, about 8-10 minutes later, add the brandy, chicken and sweetcorn. Finally after 2 – 3 minutes add the dill and pour over the Matzo balls
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp chicken fat from the stock
- ½ tsp pepper freshly cracked
- 130g Mazto meal (or matzo crackers blitzed to a fine powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, it will be loose to start off with but will thinken up. Cover and hold in fridge for a min of 2 hours or over night
- Wet hands and roll the mixture into balls. Boil in salted water until floating, soft and fluffy. Remove and serve.
- Chicken Soup