Added by Jessica Gavin
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups of ice cubes
- 4 cups cold water, (960ml)
- 4 ounces bacon, (113g) 4 strips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, (454g) flattened to 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- paprika, as needed for seasoning
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, (284g, 10 ounces) cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, (170g, 6 ounces) cut in half
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces or thinly sliced
- 2 ounces blue cheese, (60g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, (7g)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, (60ml)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, (15ml)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots, (8g)
- To make hard-boiled eggs fill enough water in a large pot that will cover the eggs by 1-inch once added.
- Bring water to a boil (212°F/100°C) and then carefully place eggs in the hot water.
- Boil the eggs for 30 seconds, place the lid on the pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook eggs on a low simmer for 12 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl add 4 cups ice and 4 cups water to make an ice bath.
- Once the eggs are done cooking immediately remove from heat and add to the ice bath and chill for 15 minutes. Crack the sides of the eggshell, peel, and cut in half.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the bacon and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined sheet pan to drain. Once cooled chop the bacon into smaller pieces.
- In the same pan used to fry the bacon, cook the chicken. Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a clean plate and allow to cool. Slice or cut chicken into cubes.
- Assemble the salad by adding the lettuce, and then top with tomatoes, avocado, blue cheese, and chopped chives.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking briskly and continuously until a thickened dressing is formed.
- Add the shallots and whisk to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve cobb salad with red wine vinegar dressing.
- Cobb Salad