Added by Serg
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped and divided
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4-oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 to 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 doz. eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 c. milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: garlic salt to taste
- Spread hashbrowns in a lightly greased 9"x9" baking pan. Layer ingredients as follows: half the onion, sausage, remaining onion, green pepper, mushrooms and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Pour egg mixture over top of casserole; cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serves 8 to 10.
- Casserole Recipes