This recipe is one of my favorite recipes from my mom. She starts making this after her trip from Germany. As German's staple food is Potato and they make so many different dishes using potato.
This is a creamy and a heavy soup made using only potatoes and this is really nice on a cold day and will fill you up..also very easy to make.
- 700g Potato
- 2 1/4 Cups of Regular Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups of Luke warm water
- 5 1/2 tbsp of butter
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- Pepper for taste
- 1 tsp of salt (to taste)
- Dried Parsley (Optional)
- Onion Leaves or Fresh parsley to decorate
You can also use water without using too much milk to make the soup less thick. This recipe will serve about 6 people.
You need a bigger pan & a blender for this...
- - Wash all the Potatoes thoroughly
- - Cut them into small pieces
- - In a saucepan put 2 tbsp of butter and add chopped garlic
- - When garlic turn golden brown add the cut potatoes
- - Sauté the potatoes for a while
- - To that add 2 tbsps of butter
- - Then add 1 cup of water & close the lid and bring it to boil till potatoes soften
- - Lift the lid, check & stir few times, if needed add some more water
- - I am adding another ½ cup in the video
- - When done switch off the cooker & transfer the potatoes to a blender to make a paste
- - Add little at a time & blend till you get a smooth paste, add milk to lighten the paste
- - When all are blended transfer to the same pan and cook on medium heat
- - Add remaining milk to get the right thickness
- - If you like less thickness you can add milk to bring it to the thickness you need
- - Add pepper & salt for taste
- - I am adding dried parsley in the video, you can even use fresh parsley for this
- - Serve hot & enjoy…
- Potato Soups