Added by Serg
- 4 lbs bone-in chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 1/2 lb baby potatoes, skin-on
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- coarse sea salt and black pepper
- smoked paprika
- garlic and onion powder
- chopped dill
- chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Fill a large pot with water, season generously with salt and add the baby potatoes. Cook the potatoes over high heat, bringing the water to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicken. Arrange the chicken in a large casserole baking dish. Season the chicken generously all over with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the diced shallots, minced garlic and the baby potatoes once they are done cooking. Pour in the heavy cream and white wine (I used chardonnay; any dry white wine will work well).
- Next, season the casserole with spices - sprinkle the chicken and potatoes liberally with smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chopped dill and parsley.
- Cover the casserole with foil and bake the dish in the preheated oven covered for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for 25 to 35 minutes. The timing depends on the size of your chicken pieces; larger pieces require additional time. Test for readiness with a thermometer - chicken needs to reach 160F.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it stand for at least 15 minutes before serving; the chicken and potatoes will be very hot!
- Casserole recipes chicken