Added by Serg
- 300 grams frying steaks
- 100 grams cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Chinese 5 spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 litre oil, for frying
- 2 red chilies
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 25 grams ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Spring onions, to garnish
- Red chilies, to garnish
- 1. Slice the steaks into thin strips and place into a small bowl.
- 2. Add the cornflour, 5 spice, salt, and pepper, and mix until evenly coated.
- 3. Carefully heat the oil in a deep saucepan until it reaches 190°C (375°F).
- 4. Carefully place the beef strips into the oil and fry for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- 5. lace on some tissue to soak up the excess oil and set a aside.
- 6. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by frying the chilies, spring onion, ginger, and garlic paste for a few minutes in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- 7. Stir in the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, red wine vinegar, and tomato ketchup until thick.
- 8. Stir in the beef steaks until evenly coated.
- 9. Garnish with spring onion and red chilies.
- Beef Chili