Crispy onion rings are one of the most loved appetizers by people of all ages and they are perfect for any occasion. With a tender interior and a crispy exterior, these homemade onion rings are way better than what you can get in any restaurant. They are very easy to prepare and the results are really satisfying.
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/4-inch (6mm) slices
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (40g) corn starch
- ½ teaspoon (2g) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (1g) oregano
- 1 ½ tsp (7g) salt
- ½ tsp (2g) smoked paprika
- ½ tsp (2g) chili powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 1 ½ cup (135g ) Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Ketchup, mayonnaise or your favorite dip
- In a medium bowl combine flour with cornstarch, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chili powder, oregano and salt. Add egg and gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Cut onion into ¼ inch (6mm) slices. Carefully separate the rings of onion.
- Coat onion rings in flour mixture and lets the excess drip off.
- Coat the rings in breadcrumbs and repeat until all rings are done.
- Heat oil into a skillet or pan.
- Fry the rings, in batches, until they are golden brown, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
- Appetizer Recipes