Smoking a brisket is easier than you think! It's just a couple parts science and some time! Course being able to spend a lot of time relaxing while your food cooks...seems like a lot of gaming is happening!
Smoked Brisket Recipe:
- The best way to approve this is to get a 10 pound Beef Brisket from a butcher.
- - Trim off the excess fat (not all of it but the big chunky parts)
- - Make your rub:
- 1/3 cup Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon each: Brown Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon each: Ground Mustard, Cayenne Powder, Shijimi, Paprika
- Mix all the above together to get your rub.
- Make the aluminum foil packet and spread that rub ALL OVER the place. Get it in all the parts of the meat.
First part of the cook:
200 degrees on the smoker, target internal temp of 165.
Take off, and add the flavorful liquid to the pouch. 2 cups beef broth, 1 sliced shallot and some garlic.
Second part of the cook:
In the oven set to 225, cook until the meat temp is 204.
Pull the meat off, let it rest for about 30 minutes. Slice it up and ENJOY!!
- Cooking brisket in the oven