Fish Cutlet is one of the delicious snacks in Sri Lanka. It is really easy to make this delicious fish cutlet recipe at home. It takes little more time to prepare but totally worth it. When you have all the ingredients give a try on this recipe. I'm sure that you will love it. Mostly, kids love to eat this fish cutlet
- 250g fish pieces
- 350g potatoes
- 50g chopped small onions (This quantity is after peeling off the skin)
- ½ tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic cloves
- 4 to 5 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 sprig chopped curry leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoon grounded black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 beaten egg
- 100g bread crumbs
- Salt as you need
- Cooking oil as you need
- ½ lime
- Take the pieces of fish and add water, turmeric powder, and salt. Switch on the flame and boil it. Normally it takes about 7 to 10 minutes. (Refer Note 1)
- After the water disappeared, you will get the boiled fish.
- After warm get down, take off the flesh of each fish piece and crush that with your fingers. Carefully take off the flesh without any bones. Keep that aside
- Boil the potatoes, peel off the skin and crush it with your fingers. (Refer Note 2)
- Finely chop the onions, green chilies, and curry leaves. Also, finely crush the garlic cloves and ginger. (Refer Note 3)
- Take grounded black pepper, salt, lime and keep aside.
- Take a large bowl and combine, crushed fish, crushed potatoes, chopped onions, chopped green chilies, chopped curry leaves, crushed ginger, crushed garlic, grounded black pepper, and salt as you need.
- Mix everything well. Finally, add lime juice and mix it again. Taste it and add some salt or pepper if you need.
- Now make the cutlets in any shape you want.
- Take one egg, add some salt and beat it well. Take breadcrumbs as well.
- Soak the cutlet one by one in the beaten egg.
- Then coat the cutlet with breadcrumbs.
- Do this process to all the cutlets and arrange them on a plate carefully.
- Heat the oil in a deep fry pan and fry the cutlets until it turns to golden color.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious Sri Lankan style fish cutlet.
Visit https://www.topsrilankanrecipe.com/sri-lankan-style-fish-cutlet-fish-cutlet-recipe-pictures/ for the detailed step by step process with images.
- Fish cutlets