How to Make Taco Burrito Nacho Tex Mex Casserole
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 seeded minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 small can rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 20oz can diced tomatoes or Rotelle
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- salt and black pepper
- 5-6 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 garden onions chopped - whites and greens separated
Sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a pan on medium high heat add ground beef.
- Cook, stir and chop for 5-7 minutes until done.
- Drain off any excess fat if needed or wanted.
- Add dice onions, bell pepper, minced jalapeno (optional),salt and black pepper. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spices, stir and cook for one minute.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and salsa, cook and stir untilcombined for 1-2 minutes.
- Add corn and drained black beans. Stir and cook for one to two minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a deep baking dish add some crushed tortilla chips and a couple spoonfuls of the meat mixture on the bottom.
- Layer flour tortillas (cut some in strips to fit in cornersand sides), meat mixture, chopped green onions and cheese.
- Add more flour tortillas, meat mixture, chopped green onions,crushed tortilla chips and cheese on top.
Optional: garnish with sliced black olives and jalapenos.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is
golden and bubbly.
Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Casserole recipes with ground beef