I am so excited to share with you 3 easy appetizers that you can make for holiday parties, tailgating, game day or any time you need an awesome appetizer (or two!).
I can't pick a favorite out of these 3, because they each are so different. I hope you will let me know which one is your favorite.
Today, I am making for you my cocktail party crackers (be sure to serve them in a festive or fun bowl/container)...my brown sugar & maple wrapped mini hot dogs (I swear you can't eat just one) and lastly - my oh-so-pretty feta, pesto & tomato pastries.
Enjoy - and let's get cooking!
Cocktail Party Crackers:
- 1 bag Oyster crackers
- 1 Package dry ranch dressing mix
- ¼ cup. Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- PREHEAT oven to 250 degrees
- INTO a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly to coat crackers.
- Pour crackers onto a well-greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes - stirring after every 5 minutes
Brown Sugar & Maple Wrapped Mini Hot Dogs
- 1 pkg Bacon
- 1 pkg mini hot dogs
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees
- CUT bacon in half or into three even pieces - depending on the size of your mini hot dogs.
- SPRINKLE the brown sugar on top of a piece of bacon and roll the bacon around the hot dog.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- PLACE on a large, well-greased baking pan.
- BAKE for 30 minutes or until the bacon is thoroughly cooked
Feta, Pesto & Tomato Pastries
- 1 ½ cups Cherry tomatoes
- 1 sheet Puff pastry - thawed
- ⅓ cup Pesto
- ⅓ cup Crumbled Feta
- ½ cup Baby arugula leaves
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two trays with parchment paper or grease well.
- CUT the tomatoes in half. Lay the puff pastry sheet on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Cut approximately ½” strip from each side of each square and press the strips onto each pastry square to make a rim around the edge.
- Place the puff pastry squares onto one baking tray and poke holes with a fork.
- On the other baking tray, place the tomatoes cut side up.
- Bake the tomatoes and the puff pastry for 15 minutes (watch the puff pastry to make sure it is golden brown, but not too brown)
- REMOVE from the oven and cool slightly. If the puff pastry centers have puffed up too much, press them down using the back of a spoon.
- Spread the pesto onto each pastry and top (in this order), with tomatoes, feta, and arugula.
- holiday snacks