Added by Vegan Aloha Kitchen
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice.
- 1 TBSP Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4 cups refined coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt, plus more as needed for saltwater mixture
- 4 tablespoons agar-agar flakes
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- Rinse cashews and soak overnight in a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water 1/2 cup raw cashews (another option is to boil the cashews and add apple cider later, I personally like the taste the apple cider gives to the soaked cashews.)Many vegan recipes will suggest letting the cheese ferment for a couple of days this method allows you to bypass that step.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
FOR A SOFT CHEESE
- Fill a large bowl with water and salt generously. Stir to dissolve the salt, then add ice. Set aside.
- Transfer the blended mixture to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly until it begins to pull together, about 3-5 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop pieces of the mixture into the ice water. Allow the “mozzarella” balls to sit for 30 minutes until they have firmed up and become stretchy.
- Store in saltwater in the fridge for up to 1 week.
FOR A HARDER CHEESE
- Prepare a cheese form with pam spray or saran wrap.
- Transfer your mixture into greased dish and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- The longer you leave the mozzarella in the fridge, the firmer it gets. This cheese is also easy to freeze.
Music: Dope by Dj Quads | https://soundcloud.com/aka-dj-quads
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
- Healthy vegetarian recipes