Learn how to make Egg Thokku recipe with our chef Varun Inamdar. Eggs always taste good when combined with Indian Spices. Egg Thokku is a popular south Indian recipe also know as Mutttai Thokku. Egg Thokku is an easy side dish that serves with chapati and rice.
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies
- Curry Leaves
- 1/ 2 cup Onion (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 cup Tomato Puree
- 4 Egg (Boiled)
- Heat a pan on high flame, add oil, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick, green chilies, curry leaves, sliced onion and toss it.
- Let the onion turn golden brown in color, then add ginger garlic paste and mix it.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder. Mix it well on high flame.
- Now add tomato puree, mix this well and sprinkle some salt.
- Finally cut the egg, add into the masala and give a quick toss.
Now your Egg Thokku recipe is ready to be served.
- Appetizer Recipes