Fruit Cakes are one of those cakes that are perfect any time of the year especially for Christmas!!! This eggless fruit cake made with buttermilk is super moist and fluffy. It is nicely spiced with ground cinnamon and nutmeg. It is also loaded with lots of juicy dried fruits and nuts. On top of this, it is eggless and alcohol-free. Isn’t that great??? All you have do is gather a few ingredients, mix them and bake the cake, that simple!
- All-purpose flour:225 g
- Curd / yogurt / Thick buttermilk (at room temperature) :240 ml
- Brown sugar (You may use white sugar also):170 g
- Softened Butter:150 g
- Salt:1/4 Tsp
- Ground cinnamon:1/2 Tsp
- Ground nutmeg:1/4 Tsp
- Baking soda:1Tsp
- Vanilla extract/Vanilla bean paste:1/2 Tsp
- Raisins 1/2 cup
- Cranberries 1/2 cup
- Walnuts:1/2 cup
- Dries plums/Prunes: 1/2 cup
- Walnuts:1/2 cup
- Candied peels:1/3 cup
- I recommend using a Total weight of dried fruits and nuts be around 350 -375 g in this recipe.
- Preheat your oven @350 degree F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together, All the powdered ingredients.ie Flour, baking soda, salt, ground spices and whisk them together to make sure everything is evenly distributed in the flour. And then add the dried fruits and nuts and mix them together and Keep it aside
- In another bowl, mix together all the rest of the ingredients.ie, Softened butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and then the buttermilk and Mix them very well.
- Mix together, the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Immediately pour into the greased pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 60 to 70 minutes(@350 Degree F), or until the cake is golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Your Buttermilk Fruit Cake is ready.
- Cake Recipes