Added by Adriana Martin
If you are an apple lover like us, you need to try the homemade Envy apples easy jam. This recipe has the perfect balance of sweet and citrusy.
- 4 large ENVY apples cored and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon yellow lemon zest
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup yellow lemon juice
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cups refined sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package pectin 1.75 oz
- Wash the ENVY Apples with soapy water. Cut and remove the core. Slice into chunks and set aside. These apples do not turn brown after cutting. Do not remove the apple peel as it contains natural pectin.
- Add the apple chunks with the lemon zest to the blender and pour the apple cider and part of the lemon juice. Blend until getting a purée consistency.
- Pour the apple purée to a cooking pot and add the turbinado sugar, the cinnamon sticks, and the cloves. Add the remainder of the lemon juice and water, and mix.
- Cook stovetop for fifteen minutes until all ingredients are incorporated and the apple purée turns into an amber color.
- Add the refined sugar and dissolve using a spoon. Cook for other fifteen minutes on high flame, remove the cinnamon sticks and the cloves.
- Add the butter and melt. This ingredient helps control the foaming for a better jam finish and luscious consistency.
- When this preparation reaches a full rolling boil, add the pectin whisking vigorously until setting. You will know pectin is ready when leaving a thick coat in the walls of the pot.
- Clean the mason jars with water and soap. It is recommended to sterilize before canning and to keep the jars warm to avoid cracking.
- Ladle the jam to each jar. Clean the mouth with a paper towel and place the lids. This step helps in achieving successful canning.
- Place the mason jars in the canning pot and boil for 10-15 minutes. Remove and place on a flat surface. When the lids start popping means the canning was successful.
- Keep the jars in the pantry away from the light. After opening the jars refrigerate to preserve the freshness.