Added by Serg
Gajar Ka Halva ( Carrot Halva ) is an easy to make Indian sweet.Tastes great when hot or chilled.
Video Transcript (Ingredients and Procedure):
Today we are going to make Gajar Ka Halwa ( Carrot Halwa)
You will need
- 750g - 1 Kg of grated delhi carrots (usually more red than the usual ones)
- You will need 200g - 250g of sugar
- 1/2 litre of boiled milk
- 1 cup of ghee ( 100g approximately)
- 1 cup of cashew nuts and raisins
- some ground cardamom powder
- Preheat a frying pan and pour the milk into it and continue to heat the pan on medium flame.
- you can add some saffron in the milk if desired
- add the greated carrot in the milk
- you will have to boil for atleast 10 minutes until most of the milk gets absorbed by the carrots.
- Mix the contents well while it boils atleast for 10 minutes.
- Close it with a lid and you will have to boil for atleast 10 minutes until most of the milk gets absorbed by the carrots.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan add 1 tsp. og ghee.
- add the cashew nuts and the raisins and fry them on medium flame.
- Mix and fry on medium flame until the cashews turn brown.
- Fry until they have turned this brown and turn off the gas stove.
- The carrots have boiled well for 10 minutes.
- They will look like this.
- Most of the milk is absorbed. Now, add the sugar, add the fried cashew nuts and raisins.
- It is easier for the sugar to dissolve in the leftover milk. Continue to boil and mix for atleast another 10 minutes.
- The quantity of sugar can be added as per taste.
- Add the ghee into it. Mix well for another 10 minutes.
- Also, add the powdered cardamom seeds and continue to boil and mix for 10 to 15 minutes.
- The Halwa is now ready. You can observe that all the milk has evaporated.
Serve hot and enjoy.