Added by Serg
- 170g sugar
- 200g white chocolate (couverture works best)
- 11g Agar
- 145g water
- 115g sweet condensed milk
Tips for working with agar:
- Agar needs to dissolve in liquid
- It needs to cook for a minute or two to get activated
- It sets at room temperature.
- From the 145 ml water, pour 4 - 5 tablespoons over the agar and let it sit for a few minutes.
- In a pot add sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and remaining water. Place over medium heat while continuously stirring. The goal is for the sugar to fully dissolve. Rub the mixture between your fingers to ensure no sugar remains.
- Pour the agar the agar into this mixture. To active the agar, it needs to cook. Place the pot on high heat and stir occasionally. As soon as it starts to bubble, remove from the heat and continue stirring for a few seconds.
- Pour in the white chocolate and let it sit for 30 seconds until the white chocolate has melted.
- Blend this mixture to ensure no lumps.
- Sift the mirror glaze into 4 different bowls.
- Color the mirror glazes into purple, navy blue, pink and white.
- Pour the mirror glaze over a smooth cake and brush the glaze to create a galaxy look.
- Press a toothbrush into white gel-based food color and sprinkle some stars onto the galaxy.