This Grilled Citrus Chicken Skewers recipe is really easy to put together. It can be made outdoors on the grill or indoors on your grill pan. The marinade has fresh orange and lime juice with a little bit of honey add a little sweetness.
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the chicken into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add chicken and coat well with marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate. Allow chicken to marinate for an hour up to 4 hours.
- *If you're using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes up to 3 hours to avoid them from burning on the grill.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and thread onto the skewers.
- Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken skewers for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE: https://anappetizinglife.com/grilled-citrus-chicken-skewers/
- Marinade for chicken