Added by Serg
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Zafran (Saffran)
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom
- 2 Tbsp Rose Water
- 1 oz (28g) Butter
- 1- Soak the Zafran (saffron) in boiling water for 30 Minutes.
1- Pour 3/4 cup sugar in a pot.
- 2- Add 1 cup boiling water, the cardamom and the rose water to the pot, and stir.
- 3- Bring the mixture to boil over medium heat and let it simmer for 10 Minutes.
- 4- pour 3 cups flour in a large pot and heat the pot over low heat, keep stirring the flour until it becomes darker. Note: It is important to keep stirring so the heat spreads across the flour evenly and avoids burning.
- 5- Sift the heat flour in a colander and pour it back into the pot.
- 6- Add the butter, stir and then add 1 cup oil and mix thoroughly.
- Note:The mixture should look like the one shown in the video, if it's looser or harder, adjust with adding more flour or oil.
- 7- Heat the mixture over low heat, keep stirring until the mixture changes it's color to light brown or brown (as preferred).
- 8- Pour the Zafran in a small cup and cocoa powder and ginger powder in separate cups.
- 9- Add the (Sugar, rose water, cardamom) mixture to each cup and mix thoroughly.
- 10- Divide the flour mixture in 3 separate bowls and apply each flavor mixture from the previous step to each bowl and mix until the mixture looks like a soft dough.
- 11- Spread and stack the doughs on top of each other.
- 12- Cut it in any shape you would like.