Chicken breasts get an upgrade with this simple recipe. Searing the chicken seals in moisture, and the filling is bursting with flavor. Spinach, sun-dried tomato, and gooey mozzarella provide a departure from ordinary chicken breasts. With an overall prep time of 45 minutes or less, and at less than 200 calories per serving, this recipe is a muscle making winner.
- 1 LB. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh, chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup light mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a medium cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Heat skillet to medium-high and sear the chicken breasts 1-2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cool, carefully slice each chicken breast lengthwise, creating a pocket for the filling.
- Stuff each breast with a quarter of the spinach, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Secure the filling by placing 1-2 toothpicks near the opening of the chicken breast.
- Transfer the chicken back to the skillet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until done. Meat should register 165 degrees on a baking thermometer.
- Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition (per serving)
- Calories 193
- Total Fat 5g
- Total Carbohydrate 7g
- Protein 30g
This recipe is straight out of my new cookbook! Get your copy here:
- Fitness chicken recipes