Added by Serg
This easy homemade barbecue sauce calls for a dry spice mix of
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or Coleman's dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- followed by
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Jason's garlic shallot purée (or 2 cloves mashed garlic)
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground cracked black pepper
- Mix well, and place this simple barbecue sauce in a pot.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally and keeping care that it doesn't burn.
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator, allowing flavors a few hours to meld.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- BBQ marinade recipe