Added by T-ROY COOKS
This a simple, but delicious, recipe for Loaded Potato Soup in your Crock Pot or Slow Cooker.
- 10 slices cooked bacon, diced (reserve 2 slices for garnish)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 oz heavy cream, half & half, or whole milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: Sour Cream, Chives, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Bacon
- Add diced potatoes, diced onion, minced garlic, bacon, parsley, and chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook for 6-8 hours on low or on high for 3-4 hours, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Once the soup has cooked, add butter to a medium saucepan over medium heat and melt.
- Whisk in the flour until completely combined and gradually add in the heavy cream, milk, or half & half.
- Whisk the flour mixture until smooth.
- With the heat on the lowest stove setting, let the mixture cook until it starts to simmer and is getting thicker, stir occasionally.
- Immediately add the milk-flour mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Using a potato masher, mash about 3/4 of the potatoes.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Stir well, until fully combined and creamy.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper to taste
- . Continue cooking the soup on low for 30 minutes or on high for 15 minutes.
- Crock-Pot Soups