- 600g fresh strawberry
- 320g - 400g sugar, (sweetener of your choice)
- 1 small lime, lemon, (or just a few drop)
- small knob of butter, (salted)
- Wash strawberries in a large bowl, sprinkle over a little coarse sea salt, rinse under cold running water and drain them thoroughly.
- Slicing the strawberry in half, place the cut side down on a cutting board, then slice it into 4 pieces.
- and place it into a large glass bowl. Stir in sugar and allow to stand in room temperature for at least 2 hours or keep in the fridge overnight to release their natural juices.
- Cook the mixture into a large cast-iron skillet. Add the lime or lemon juice and add a knob of butter and stir in to melt. This will help to dissolve any remaining scum and bubbles. Cook over medium-high heat until it thickens, It should take about 15 minutes.
- Here's how to test, Spoon a spoonful of hot jam onto the cold saucer. If the jam is still thin and runny, keep boiling for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into clean, warm sterilized jar, and cover with lids, and seal, label, and wipe the jar. stay at the best quality for up to three weeks in refrigerator.
The dishwasher method is a very good method for sterilizing your jars and make sure you have a high-temperature setting on it. you can clean the jars by putting them through the hot cycle of a dishwasher.
Read the full recipe: https://yummyeasycooking.blogspot.com/2018/06/homemade-strawberry-jam.html