Added by The Stay At Home Chef
Learn how to grill steak perfectly every single time with this easy to follow recipe where steak is seared on a hot grill and cooked to perfection. Grilling steak doesn't have to be complicated!
- 2 thick cut steaks 2 inches
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and any packaging. Brush each side with oil to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl. Rub both sides of each steak with the rub mixture. Let steaks sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat, about 500 degrees. Sear steaks for 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking with the lid closed until the steaks reach the desired level of doneness, 130 degrees F for medium-rare.
- When the steaks are removed from the grill, immediately top with 1 tablespoon butter each, tent with aluminum foil, and allow the steaks to rest 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into them.
- Cooking a steak in the oven