Added by Serg
- 4-5 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl. You can use fresh raw broccoli if you want it to be crunchy, or you can steam it or microwave 2-3 minutes to soften. I used frozen broccoli so I cooked it 3 minutes in the microwave first.
- Sauté onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to sauté pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth.
- Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli.
- Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread evenly in baking pan.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and optional fried onions on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
Serves 8: NET carbs 3 per serving.
- Casserole recipes chicken