Added by The Cooking Foodie
Best recipe for chocolate pancakes. Perfect for Sunday breakfast or as a dessert. If you are a real chocolate lover, you can top the pancakes with chocolate ganache.
Makes 8-9 pancakes
- 1¼ cups (160g) flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30g) melted butter
- 1 egg, large
- 1/3 cup (60g) chocolate chips
- For the chocolate ganache:
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 90g (3.17 oz) milk/dark chocolate
- In a large bowl whisk egg and sugar, whisk until light and fluffy. Add milk, melted butter and whisk until combined.
- In other bowl whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until smooth, if to thick add 1-2 tablespoons milk, if to thin add 1-2 tablespoons flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. cook until bubbles start to form on the surface of the pancake, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip, and cook an additional minute on the opposite side.
- For the ganache: in a small saucepan bring heavy cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Let sit 1 minute and stir until smooth.
- Pour the ganache on top of the pancakes.
- Chocolate pancakes