- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a little butter to grease moulds
1) Cook milk with the ¼ cup sugar without boiling until the sugar is dissolved.
2) To make the caramel, cook the remaining sugar with 2 tbsp water until brown.
Then pour equal amounts into the 2 greased pudding moulds.
3) Beat the eggs well with vanilla essence and add to the milk mixture.
Beat until blended and strain.
4) Pour the egg mixture into the moulds with caramel at the bottom.
Arrange on a baking tray. Pour 2 cups of hot water into the tray.
5) Bake in an oven preheated to 150°c for 40 minutes.
To Serve Warm:
Chopstick round the edges. Place a serving dish on top of the pudding moulds and turn upside down. Serve warm & Enjoy!
To Serve Cold:
Once you remove the pudding moulds. From the tray and set on a cooling rack. When cool, transfer to the fridge overnight. Serve cold & Enjoy!
Insert a chopstick into the centre of the pudding. The pudding is cooked if comes out clean. It depends the size of your moulds. The pudding can be cooked by steaming over lowest heat for 50 minutes.