How long to bake pork chops?
The length of time that you need to bake a pork chop depends on the thickness of your meat as well as whether or not is bone-in. Searing your meat before baking will also impact the cooking time. A good rule of thumb is 7 minutes of baking in a 400 degree oven per half inch of meat. If you sear your meat beforehand, reduce that amount of 2 minutes. If your pork chop has a large bone, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time. Pork needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let your meat rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Rub each pork chop with olive oil.
- In a small bowl mix together salt, pepper, paprika, and onion powder. Season all sides of the pork chop with this mix. Place seasoned pork chops onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (which will depend on how thick the pork chops are).
- Cooking pork chops in the oven