Added by Serg
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp miso paste, any color
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp agar agar powder
- In a medium size sauce pan on medium heat, add in all ingredients EXCEPT for the water and the agar agar powder.
- Whisk together until the miso paste has completely dissolved. Taste, and add any extra flavorings at this time if you choose.
- In a separate sauce pan, add in water and agar agar powder. Turn on the heat after you add in two ingredients and stir together on medium heat until the agar agar powder has completely dissolved. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- (TIP: You can tell when its dissolved by simply dipping a spoon into the mixture and checking to see if the spoon has any agar grains on it. If its clear or you just see tiny bubbles then but no grains then you mixture is ready for the next step.)
- Once the agar mixture is ready you need to move quickly as the agar mixture will harden as soon as it begins to cool down.
- Add both mixtures into a blended or using a emulsion blender, blend mixtures together until completely blended together.
- Add your mixture quickly into a container to set, preferably a rectangular shaped container like a loaf pan, if you want to create slices later on.
- Set mixture to cool in the refrigerator for about an hour or until the mixture has cooled completely, and is very firm to the touch.
- Once cool cut and serve as desired.
- Healthy vegetarian recipes