This classic French toast is easy to make, takes only a few minutes of work and of course, super delicious. Serve your French toast with fresh fruits and maple syrup and you have a perfect breakfast for Sunday morning.
- 5-6 slices of bread (see notes below)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Milk
- 1 teaspoon white/brown Sugar *optional
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Butter + oil for frying
- Maple syrup for serving
- 1. In a shallow dish beat egg, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- 2. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- 3. Melt some butter in a skillet or griddle over medium heat, add a bit of oil. Cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 4. Serve immediately with fresh fruits, maple syrup
Printable recipe: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/