Added by Serg
- 200g / 7 oz of Sugar
- 60ml / 1/4 cup of Water
- 600ml / 1.25 pints of Hot Water
- 1 kg / 2.2lb of Sugar
- 1/4 of a Lemon
- Place the first sugar and water into a pan and heat on the stove until the sugar has completely dissolved. You want to continue to gently cook this until the colour just starts to change or you reach ‘Hard Crack’ stage (which is 150C / 300F).
- Then gradually add the next lot of water which should be hot, a little at a time as it will bubble and fizz. Stir through and add the remaining sugar. Add the lemon quarter. Bring back up to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Remove the lemon and pour through a sieve into a clean sterilised jar. Top with the lid and this can be stored for many months.
- How to make Golden Syrup
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Hard Crack Temperature: 150C / 300F