Added by Serg
This is a demo on how to make Greek halva using semolina flour. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! Recipe written below.
Ingredients for simple syrup:
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- For Semolina mixture:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- To make simple syrup, put in a small pot the water and sugar, let it boil for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- For the semolina mixture, start by putting in a large pan the oil and heat it up on high, on the stove.
- Once the oil is heated, pour in the semolina flour and stir constantly until the flour has slightly browned.
- Next, turn down the heat to low and pour in all of the simple syrup in the semolina mixture, stirring constantly.
- While stirring, add in the cinnamon and sliced almonds and continue to stir.
- Once the mixture thickens and is coming off of the pan easily, oil any bake ware pan, add the mixture in and let it cool.
- Once cooled, serve and enjoy!