Added by Serg
When she visited New York, she and I decided to collaborate! She showed me her delicious HALVA recipe (based off of her grandma's recipe!), and I showed her chocolate vegan cupcakes.
Here's the recipe to make Latvian Halva:
- 2 cups of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups of plain white flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- Fry your sunflower seeds until golden.
- Then fry your walnuts.
- Blend everything in a blender or food processor.
- Fry the flour for a bit until brown, mixing it constantly.
- Mix nuts together with the flour and blend again.
- Add water and sugar together, boil until sugar dissolves then add oil and mix.
- Mix everything together, add your choice of dried fruit and press down in a bowl.
- Place in a fridge until it sets for about 1 hour.