Added by Serg
- 3 lb Chuck Roast (Cubed)
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 3 or 4 Garlic cloves (diced)
- 16 oz Baby Carrots
- 5 Red Potatoes (halved)
- 8 oz Beef Stock
- 28 oz can of Peeled Tomatoes with juice (diced)
- 8 oz Frozen Green Peas
- 8 oz Frozen Corn
- Cooked Rice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil to a dutch oven and heat over medium high for a few minutes.
- Add cubed beef and brown on all sides. You may need to brown the beef in several batches. Once meat is browned on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Add flour to remaining oil in the dutch oven. Cook for a few minutes over medium heat to cook out the flour taste and let the roux gets a little darker brown.
- Add water to the roux a little at a time stiring water into the roux mixture until you have a thin gravy.
- Add meat and juice back to the dutch oven.
- Add 8 oz of beef stock to just cover the meat. Add more water if needed.
- Add 1 tsp each salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add Onion and Garlic, cover and simmer 3-4 more hours or until meat is tender.
- Add carrots and let simmer another 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, peas, and corn to dutch oven, cover and simmer another 30 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Beef Stew