Added by Serg
- 2 C cashews, soaked overnight
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 C olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Drain soaked cashews thoroughly and add to blender or food processor along with all the other ingredients. Blend until smooth, stopping to smoosh down the sides as needed.
- Get a large bowl, put a colander or strainer inside, and then lay down two layers of cheesecloth (this is “the situation” I refer to in the video.)
- Use a spatula to transfer the cheese mixture into the cheesecloth, then grab the excess fabric and twist it to form the cheese into a tight little package, securing with a rubber band.
- Place in refrigerator for 8-12 hours to allow the excess moisture to drip into the bowl underneath.
- Remove from cheesecloth and plop it down on to a cutting board or serving platter. Form it into a ball with your hands.
- Keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve — it’ll keep its form for a couple hours outside of the fridge.
- If you’d like a rind, dehydrate overnight or bake 350F for 1 hour until the cheese slightly golden and cracked on the surface.
- Healthy vegetarian recipes